The company’s energy policy is communicated throughout the company.
Energy efficiency and sensibly saving energy are important economic levers for being able to compete long-term on a global market and a solid initiative in the framework of our overall responsibility. We therefore advocate the principles of the energy policy:
1. All energy-related laws and directives shall be complied with
Compliance with all applicable energy-related statutory provisions is important to us on a daily basis.
2. Energy resources shall be used responsibly and sparingly
To this end, all energy-consuming processes will be analyzed and evaluated to assess the efficiency of the use of energy and determine options for improvements and savings measures.
3. The information regarding energy consumption shall be secured and the resources for achieving our energy objects shall be made available
Operative and strategic energy objectives are pursued on the basis of continuously recorded data. Our strategic objectives are:
- Increasing energy efficiency by optimizing the process technology
- Conservative use of all energy sources
- Reducing energy consumption by implementing technical innovations
4. By implementing well-thought-out and well-planned savings measures, we continuously improve our energy-related performance
This is achieved by:
- Planning and implementing concrete energy saving projects
- Improving the efficiency of our energy consumers
- Optimizing production processes with regards to energy consumption
- Monitoring resulting impacts
5. We involve our suppliers in our efforts to improve energy efficiency
As part of the scheduled expansion or retrofitting of our technical systems, purchases are made with energy efficiency in mind:
- Representing the state-of-the-art, from devices to systems
- Offering the best-possible use of the energy resources used
6. Resource conservation and energy conservation is a matter for all of our employees
With comprehensive information regarding special measures in our company, we motivate our employees to think and act in an environmentally-friendly manner at work.